Orthodontics in young children (6 to 10 years of age)
The first orthodontic consultation is recommended between the ages of 7 and 8.
This consultation makes it possible, among other things:
- to ensure that new or future adult teeth are actually present and well positioned.
- to make sure that there are no occlusion problems (the way the teeth close together).
- to make sure that there is no jaw problem (too narrow palate, too forward or too backward mandible relative to the upper jaw, asymmetry…)
- to decide, together with the parents, when it is or will be appropriate to start the orthodontic treatment.
We, most of the times, prefer to start orthodontic treatment when the child has all his adult teeth. This makes it possible to be more effective, resulting in shorter treatment time. We do not want to unnecessarily burden the child with a multitude of devices from an early age.
However, a number of specific conditions that are easily identifiable at the time of the first consultation should preferably be treated at an early age, to avoid a gradual degradation or unnecessarily complicating future treatment. About 15 to 20% of patients examined between 6 and 10 years of age will be recommended for a first phase of treatment, so as to promote the development of their teeth and jaws. This phase is generally of short duration and involves a minimal number of orthodontic appliances.
The child is seen each time by the orthodontist and not by a dental nurse.
Price : from CHF 2500 to CHF 3500 (exact estimate made before treatment).
Orthodontics in adolescents (11 to 16 years of age)
This is the period during which most orthodontic treatments are recommended!
In orthodontics, adolescence is the ideal time to start treatment because the adolescent has a full adult dentition with jaws that are still growing (early adolescence). We can therefore easily treat the majority of cases, from the simplest (dental alignment) to the most complicated (malocclusion due to incorrect positioning of the jaws.)
At this age, orthodontic treatments are well accepted and tolerated by young adolescents. This is important because collaboration is an essential success factor in orthodontic treatment.
We use metal or ceramic braces according to our young patients’ wishes.
The adolescent is seen each time by the orthodontist and not by a dental nurse.
Price : from CHF 6000 to CHF 8500 (exact estimate made before treatment).
Orthodontics in adults (from 16 to 99 years of age)
It is possible to align teeth at any age! There are many treatment options that only minimally affect your quality of life!
Adult orthodontics is affecting an increasing number of patients. In fact, at least 33% of our patients are adults. The development of more efficient and faster technologies as well as more aesthetic orthodontic appliances is not unrelated to this development.
Indeed, we are able to offer you a wide range of very discreet or completely invisible treatments:
- White coloured braces (ceramic braces)
- Transparent aligners (Invisalign)
- Braces placed not on the outside of your teeth but inside (Incognito or Win Lingual Systems)
In other words, it is never too late to align or realign your teeth, and our role is to offer and explain the range of treatment options available to you, with their advantages and disadvantages, so that you can make an informed choice.
You are seen each time by the orthodontist and not by a dental nurse.
Price : from CHF 2500 to CHF 8500 (exact estimate made before treatment).
Orthodontics General Principles
- To be able to wear braces, you need a healthy mouth: absence of infectious foci, cavities and gum problems.
- Dental hygiene is essential during orthodontic treatment in order to avoid serious problems (cavities, gum problems, white stains on teeth…). You will be seen by a dental hygienist before the braces are placed and then regularly during the treatment.
- We do not put braces directly from the first appointment. First we collect information (photos, prints, X-rays), then we study your malocclusion in order to choose and explain the most appropriate treatment according to your needs.
- Once the braces are in place, we meet on average once a month. You are seen each time by the orthodontist and not by a dental nurse.
- At the end of the orthodontic treatment, and so that your teeth do not move over time, a little retention wire is placed inside your front teeth, or retention trays are given to you.
- The price mentioned in your quote is a fixed rate, which includes everything and will not be exceeded.
- Orthodontic treatment is an investment, both financial and personal, so we leave nothing to chance to achieve an ideal result.